Private yoga sessions are an asset to your practice. They stimulate growth, curiosity, compassion, and knowledge.
Private lessons offer you the space to make time to address your personal needs, goals, and practice. You can build up to advance your physical practice. You can modify when limitations or injuries deem it necessary. You can go deeper into meditation and breathing techniques, even philosophy, and truly expand your practice.
On a simpler level, perhaps you've always wanted to try yoga, but the idea of practicing in a room full of people intimidates you. Maybe you're worried you aren't flexible/strong/fit enough (trust me dear, you are ENOUGH in every moment of every day.)
Maybe you love your group class, but there is confusion about alignment, the breathing, or you have lots of questions. Maybe you just want to experience every wonderful assist offered.
Maybe you take a group class but would like to build a home practice, but are unsure of a sequence or how to make that transition.
This is where private lessons pick up. This is your time for yoga. The sequences are designed specifically for you and what you are looking for out of the practice. You receive one-on-one attention to help your grow a strong, safe, practice that will also challenge you and keep you coming back for more yoga. You can stop to ask questions or further go over a posture, technique or direction, getting the most out of your practice.
Why private yoga lessons might be right for you:
- You are intimidated by group classes.
- You prefer privacy in your practice.
- You are looking to go deeper/modify what you find in classes.
- You love yoga and would like to tailor a practice to your goals and needs.
- You want personal attention and feedback on your practice, including alignment, assists and adjustments.
- You are coming back from injury and looking for a more gentle.modified options.
- You are looking to learn more about yoga philosophy and lifestyle.
- You've been referred to help reduce and manage stress levels.
- You struggle with the idea of not being ready for a physical practice. (You are, I promise. I have a practice for you.)
- The specific class you're looking for doesn't fit your schedule. (ex: Restorative, Vinyasa, Slow Flow, Gentle, Prenatal, Postnatal, Chair.)
The bonus side of private yoga is you get to schedule it on your needs. Maybe you want to come weekly, monthly, or just a couple times a year to tune up your practice. Maybe you want to come once and just see if you're ready. Your choice! And if private yoga is too big a jump for you, I also offer semi-private for you and a friend. Move forward on your journey toward wellness together!I am currently offering private yoga lessons at Simonds-Hurd Complementary Care Center to clients looking to work specifically on any of the above. I have few slots available for new or returning clients. Contact me directly for more information and we will chat about what you're looking for in a yoga practice. Feel free to pass the word on. Thank you!